Applying for a Pauchon Foundation Grant
When to Apply
Project applications are welcome throughout the year. There are two application cycle per Year. Their deadlines are June 30th and December 31st . We suggest you do not wait for the deadline. Submit your application well before the deadlines for early consideration. Applying earlier offers no particular advantage. However if additional information is required, we will have sufficient time to gather and process it.
Researchers may only submit one application per grant cycle.
The Pauchon Grant Application is online at Apply Online You must complete the online application form to be considered. The application form is a detailed questionnaire intended to gather as much information about you and your project as possible. Additionally, grant writting guidelines are available through a link on the application form. Significant space provided on the application form, however you may add attachments as appropriate.
- Explain the relevance of your project in relation to field of research.
- Explain the importance of your project to your country or region.
- Present a scientific hypotheses/research question. The objective of your research must be stated in a way that will identify a research plan.
- Research plans are usually one to two complete pages. There needs to be enough information for the Grant Committee to evaluate your proposal.
- Technical papers of existing and established technologies that are copied and submitted will not be considered.
- Proof of basic research equipment and facilities for the research project are required.
- Budget for the project is required. Applications received without attached budgets will not be considered and no attempt will be made by the Grant Committee to receive this information.
- Information on the institution that will administer your grant must be included with your application.
Notification of Receipt of Application
All applicants will receive email notification of receipt of application immediately upon submission. Each application will be in a "pending" state for two days during which you may make additions or corrections as appropriate. Any questions should then be directed to email@example.com.
Research grants are awarded following a competitive process. Consideration is based on the following:
- Applications are first prescreened. Applications must use approved Pauchon Foundation Application form. It must be properly completed according to the outlined guidelines.
- Projects must be well justified and well presented with sufficient details on all items.
- Accepted applications are reviewed after the grant cycle deadline by Pauchon Foundation scientific advisors to assure the proposals are scientifically sound and feasible and relevant to the research field and country or region.
- Scientific advisors evaluate and rank applications and recommend the most qualified for funding.
- The Board of Directors of the Pauchon Foundation will review recommended projects for final approval of awards.
- Awardees are notified by the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Grantees and their sponsoring institutions may be required to complete contract for funding.
- Names will be announced and posted on Pauchon Foundation website along with press releases submitted to national and international publications.
- Unsuccessful applicants who demonstrate projects with potential are encouraged to reapply for the next grant cycle, However no appeals for reconsideration will be accepted.
Notification of Award
The evaluation process will be completed during the six months following the cycle deadline. All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome of the evaluation process.